I began my work in the field of education as an attorney in the early 2000s, when I worked for a law firm that helped state education agencies implement the requirements of the No Child Left Behind Act. I soon realized that I wanted to work directly with young people, so I transitioned to a career in teaching. I am currently a middle school teacher for Anne Arundel County Public Schools.
I ran for the Anne Arundel County Council in 2018 because I was seeing first-hand the challenges being faced by my students and their families, as well as among my neighbors (I live near the Naval Academy Stadium) and the county at large. I was also concerned about the risks of overdevelopment, including the impact on our environment, and a lack of needed infrastructure investments and improvements.
I am grateful to the voters of District 6 for allowing me to represent them for the past four years. I hope to have earned their trust and support so I can continue working on behalf of my community and the entire county for another four years.
(Learn more about me and see some photos, below.)
- Chair of the Council, December 2021 - December 2022
- Vice Chair of the Council, December 2020 - December 2021
- Member, Board of Health, Anne Arundel County, 2018 - present
- Cornell University, B.A., 1996
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 2000 (magna cum laude)
- George Mason University, M.Ed., 2007
- Secondary Teacher, Anne Arundel County Public Schools, 2010 - present
- Secondary Teacher, Hawai'i Public Schools, 2007 - 2010
- Attorney, Zuckerman Spaeder LLP (Washington, D.C.)
- Associate Attorney, Brustein & Manasevit PLLC (Washington, D.C.)
- Judicial Clerk, District of Columbia Superior Court, Felony Division
Patricia Behing Teacher of the Year Award, 2009
Milken Educators of Hawai'i, Teacher of Promise, Windward District Winner and Hawai'i State Finalist, 2008
My husband, George, and I settled in Annapolis in 2010 after he completed nearly a decade of service in the U.S. Army. Like many who come here, we fell in love with the natural and historic beauty of Annapolis, found employment, and decided to make the city our permanent home. In our spare time, we can be found kayaking on local creeks, gardening, or singing and playing our favorite tunes on the ukulele (Lisa) and bass guitar (George). We have two grown sons, Leo and Gabriel.